This chicken casserole is one of the most popular tomato paste-based dishes anywhere in the world. Although there are many variations of this recipe, it remained an all-time favourite fare. The recipe we are sharing is for the budget conscious homemaker who likes to give her family a special treat without draining the grocery purse.
You can cut back on the other ingredients and still make a sumptuous abbreviated version. If you are cooking for 4-5 people, you will need the following:
- 55 lbs. (1/2 kg) chicken cut into serving sizes
- 1 pc. medium-size quartered potato
- 1 pc. medium-size diced carrot
- ½ cup cooked green peas
- 5 short beans, cut into halves
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 medium-size onion, sliced
- medium-size red bell pepper (optional)
- 4 tablespoon cooking oil
- Salt and black pepper powder to taste
- 1 teaspoon brown sugar
- 1 cup chicken stock or 1 cube instant chicken broth
- ¼ cup tomato paste
- Heat oil in a pan and fry potatoes over medium heat until slightly brown, set aside
- In the same oil, fry the chicken until slightly brown and keep aside
- Sauté onions first, followed by garlic, fry until golden brown
- Sauté short beans and green peas and bell pepper together with the spices
- Mix all the pre-cooked ingredients together, add a dash of black pepper powder and salt to taste
- Add 1 cup chicken stock or melt 1 chicken broth cube in 1 cup hot water, cover and bring to a boil then simmer over low fire for about 2 minutes
- Add ¼-cup tomato paste and brown sugar until gravy thickens. Serve hot with steamed rice.
You can try different vegetables with this delicious recipe. It is a perfect dish for a cosy evening with the family or special friends.
For a more delicious treat, use Delta Royale Tomato Paste for your casserole. Manufactured by Delta Food Industries FZC in UAE, Delta Royale has captured the competitive market of tomato-based condiments in the GCC, Africa and parts of Europe. For more details, you may send an e-mail here.