Winter is coming! Yes, no doubt about that, the nipping cold wind of winter reminds us to wear warm clothing when we go outside and bring the ubiquitous umbrella just in case the sky decides to pour. And when it gets too chilly to venture outdoors, what better way to spend the time than whipping up something to keep you comfortable- a perfect tomato-based soup!
You have tried different kinds of comfort food for different seasons and each time, it’s never the same. So, for this time around, let’s try this old recipe that I found online (credits to the owner). This soup is packed with the healthy goodness of Lycopene and Vitamin C and other essential nutrients.
6 pcs medium-size tomatoes, peeled (2 large sizes of canned tomatoes are fine if you don’t have fresh)
1 8oz can tomato paste
5 large carrots, chopped
1 medium-size onion, chopped
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 red bell pepper, chopped
3 cups water
3 cups chicken stock
Salt to taste
Red Pepper Flakes (optional, if you don’t like it very spicy)
2 tablespoon butter
- Melt butter in a deep pot on medium heat. Sauté garlic until light brown, add onions and add carrots when onions are golden brown
- Mix in peeled tomatoes, tomato paste, water and chicken stock. Cook soup for 15 minutes then add the red pepper
- Simmer for another 20 minutes over low heat
- Remove from stove and pour ointothe blender
- Blend until all the chunky ingredients are smooth
- Pour into another pot and add salt, pepper and red pepper flakes
- Simmer for another 15 minutes
- Serve hot to enjoy
For more information about Delta Royale Tomato Paste and other products, you may send e-mail here. Delta Food Industries FZC is a leading manufacturer of high-quality food products in the UAE.