How is the virus transmitted?
It’s likely that the Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19) originated in an animal species, and then spread to humans.
Person to person spread of the novel coronavirus is reported, but it is not yet understood how easily this happens.
Other human coronavirus strains are spread from person to person through contaminated droplets from a person who is sick with the illness (through dry coughing or sneezing) or contaminated hands.
Is there a vaccine against the novel coronavirus?
Currently, there are no available vaccine that protects against Coronavirus Disease (COVID-19)
Is there any treatment for Coronavirus Disease?
There is no specific treatment. It is a mainly supportive treatment that aims at reducing symptoms.
You can reduce your risk of infection if you:
- Clean your hands frequently with alcohol-based hand rub or soap and water.
- Cover your nose and mouth when coughing or sneezing with a tissue or flexed elbow.
- Avoid close contact with people at least (1 meter or 3 feet) with anyone with cold or flu-like symptoms.
- Stop touching your face, nose including rubbing eyes or scratching.
- Prevent handshaking, hugging, air-kissing, touching or group selfies.
- Disinfect high touch surfaces always and keep your workplace, living room, keyboard, and mouse clean and tidy.
- Don’t share food or drink with your collages.
- Eat lunch at your table or in your cabin in preference to using common rooms
it is a tough and challenging time for all of us in the world. Friends and families, who are being impacted, both here and globally, we all can defeat this virus by following healthy Hygenic habits.
In the event that any medical support or inquiry is required, please contact local authorities :