Spaghetti with meatballs is the all-time favourite dish of pasta-loving people. Children look forward to weekend treats when mom and dad are home and have time to cook up something special for the whole family. One cannot make spaghetti without a great-tasting tomato paste for the sauce.
This pasta dish is easy to make and very affordable, a complete meal by itself. It has approximately 157 calories for every 100 grams of cooked spaghetti, with 15% protein, 5% fat, and 80% carbohydrates. If you are a weight watcher, use the durum wheat pasta instead of the regular kind. The tomato sauce or tomato paste that gives spaghetti its unique flavour has amazing health benefits.
How to Make Your Own Spaghetti with Meatballs
1-tablespoon vegetable oil
¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
For the meatballs:
500-grams ground beef
2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
1 medium-size egg
2 cloves garlic, minced
Salt to taste
Dash of black pepper powder
1 small carrot, minced
For the sauce:
3 cloves garlic, crushed and minced
1 medium-size onion, minced
1-cup beef stock (you can use one beef cube dissolved in 1 cup of hot water)
¼ cup finely chopped parsley
4 tablespoons tomato paste
2oz. unsalted butter
- How to cook the pasta
- Boil water with salt and oil in a deep pot. Add the noodles and let boil for 2-3 minutes while stirring occasionally. Do not overcook pasta.
- Remove the pot from heat and wash off with cold water to prevent overcooking. Drain pasta in a colander or strainer and set aside.
- How to make the meatballs
- Mix the ground beef, egg, breadcrumbs, carrots, garlic, pepper, salt and Worcestershire together in a bowl. Roll into balls of desired sizes and deep-fry in medium heat until golden brown.
- How to make the sauce
- Melt butter in a medium size wok, sauté garlic and onion until light brown.
- Add tomato paste and parsley.
- Add in beef broth and let simmer for about 10 minutes, salt to taste.
Now your spaghetti with meatballs are ready, scoop sauce and meatballs onto a plate of pasta and sprinkle grated cheese on top. Best to eat with garlic bread.
For a great-tasting spaghetti sauce, use Delta Royale Tomato Paste manufactured by Delta Food Industries FZC. Delta Food is one of the leading food and beverage manufacturing companies in the UAE. For your inquiries, you may send your e-mail here.